Wednesday, February 3, 2010

are you there self-control? it's me, crystal.

Every year, the library where I work partners up with the public library and holds a book sale to help fund events going on in the community. Being staff, this is the first year I participated in helping sit stuff up.

You guys. I bought 26 books.

26 mother-lovin' books.

I hear people talk about self-control, and I get the concept, but the execution is a little fuzzy for me. And I'm okay with that because I just got 26 books for 15 bucks, including the complete short stories of Hemingway, The Giving Tree (even if it is sexist), and Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret, which I have never read.

I know. How I ever survived elementary school is totally beyond me.

2 comments:

Stephen K said...

For 15 dollars?! For that price you'd be foolish to resist! I don't care what other people say, I think it's a delight to live a second life in fiction and on that basis you're pretty set in that department for at least a good few months :P

crystal said...

I felt a little foolish... mostly because I was carrying the books out of the sale in a diaper box. :)

And I agree entirely. Getting lost in a fictional place and time is wonderful. As long as it doesn't make you horribly depressed *coughAVATARcough*